HSU was founded by Sarah Wagner, who was soon aided by Cynthia Eenigenburg. Our program emerged nine years ago out of the desire to provide additional enrichment opportunities for our own home schooled children. As classes began to form, it was evident that other home schooling families shared in this desire. HSU has continued to expand each year. In addition to offering enrichment to home learning, HSU also provides solid academic support and direction for parents at all levels of their student's "core" subjects. Our desire is to provide the foundations of learning in a solid, Christian environment, from preschool all the way through high school.
Why "Homeschool University"?
The term "University" is very intentional. This approach is two-fold: First, in partnering with parents as they educate their children and secondly, in preparing our students for college. Our track is focused on "College Prep" throughout. The HSU model is designed to run as a University. Classes are offered in much the same way that they are offered in college. Students will track assignments in a very similar method. Class names are leveled accordingly. All Core classes provide a syllabus. The "University Approach" allows students a very seamless transition to college upon graduation.
WELCOME TO HSU
The Uniqueness of HSU
At Homeschool University (HSU) we understand that parents, as the primary educators of their children, face significant challenges when considering an educational partnership.
- Provides Weekly Lesson Plans
- 30-week educational program
- Designed for students in grades K-12
- Parents partner with HSU teachers
- Accommodates Multi-level Instruction
- Common curriculum pacing
- Different grades have opportunity to learn together
- Integrated approach maximizes learning time
- Two Tracks for High School
- Each with unique learning environments
HSU Mission & Vision
To provide an affordable opportunity for home school parents to customize and enrich their students education in a Christ-centered environment.
- A two-day Christ-centered academic program
- Follow a modified classical method
- An emphasis on the Charlotte Mason method
- Bring learning to life in all subjects
- Create life-long learners
- Grow in our passion for Christ
- Help nurture & develop character
- Partner with homeschool parents in educating
- Help students grow in their giftedness
- Help each student to find their God-given passion
HSU's Philosophy & Method
Homeschool Univeristy seeks to bring each subject to life utilizing a combination of text and literature-based approach offering "living books" as reading selections.
- Focused on three basic components
- Nurturing atmosphere
- Personal discipline
- Parent partnerships
- An extension of the home-learning environment
- Age appropriate learning atmosphere
- Acknowledging the uniqueness of each student
- Help strive toward excellence in personal discipline
- Hybrid of home educating & traditional classroom
- Nurture Christian growth and academic excellence